Saturday, 2 June 2012

London in Gel??


The original photo taken that I made my first gel medium out of was the view out of one of my windows in london. I loved the photo and thought hey why not put it in gel, have a little fun. (This one turned out better than my other one, below) The gel medium process was a bit of an easier one but man let me tell you it took some time. Painting layers after layer of this gluey gel like substance, making sure that you paint a coat left, than up, than right, than down, than why dont you repeat that another three times, but hey make sure you wait until each layer is dry before starting the next one. Don't get me wrong the out come was pretty sweet but it sure took sometime to get there. The washing process was also a little more difficult than I intended. All in all I find that my gel mediums look pretty cool and turned out really well, its a pretty cool process and I'm glad I tried it out.





No comments:

Post a Comment