Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Being an artist with light~

(My Personal Fav^^)

Here it is, me having a little fun with some light! Although I have seen many photos before that have been created by the photographer "painting with light" I never thought this could be done a multitude of different ways. I always thought it was the grab a light make your shutter speed long and your aperture small write your name with it and bomb you're an artist. I got one thing write you do need a long shutter speed and a small aperture, but there are so many different things you can do when experimenting and painting with light.

To create the images I have all I did was get me, my subject (thanks Erin) and my camera/tripod into a dark room with a strong flash. My cameras shutter speed was set at 30 seconds and the aperture was set at 25f. I set the portable flash to reload quickly as I wanted to get many different placements of Erin. Erin was a great model and all I had to ask her to do was after ever flash move to a different location and the mix of the flash, dark room, long shutter speed and small aperture do the rest! I really enjoyed this assignment and got some pretty cool results!

All photos were taken with a Nikon D70

No comments:

Post a Comment