Thursday, 8 March 2012

"Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?" - Lily Tomlin


I believe that we were given this assignment not only to challenge and push the creativity that we all have inside of us; but also to make us look at our everyday surroundings differently. This assignment made me do both. During the process of this assignment I was quiet shocked at how objects that we see everyday can be so manipulated into showing us something they are necessarily not. I decided to take a different approach on this assignment and I tried to find all the letters of my name in objects that I found outside. This did make the assignment a little more difficult, but it also engaged me more and it now makes me look at my surroundings in the environment I am in everyday with a new light. At first glances some things may not look like anything special and our eyes graze over it without giving it a second thought. This assignment made me look at everything in detail and try to see it in an alternate standpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment